Lansing Grand River Plant builds its 1 millionth vehicle!

Lansing Grand River Plant builds its 1 millionth vehicle!

I just thought I would let everyone know that the plant that builds the Cadillac ATS just produced its 1 millionth Cadillac. They are planning a celebration with different officials in attendance from politics, unions and the corporate office. The plant opened in 2001, and now at 12 years old, it has produced 1 million vehicles. I'd say that is a pretty great accomplishment. Just another piece of proof that GM is making a comeback.

Read the original article here.

It's refreshing news to hear about something good going on in the auto workers world in Michigan. It appears that not every auto worker in Michigan has lost his/her job. Just most of them.

so what car is the 1 million?

probably not going to be sold.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    so what car is the 1 million?

probably not going to be sold.
    or they could be like toyota and sell a vehicle that marks a milestone for the company yet not even know they sold it till later. I think at the moment they're looking for the 5 millionth corolla sold or something along those lines

The 1 millionth vehicle was a Cadillac ATS! Not sure who bought it, or what happened to it though.

I didn't know about Toyota not paying attention to when these milestones happen. It would be kinda fun to find out later that your Corolla was the 5 millionth one ever sold. Do they come to your house with balloons and a novelty sized cheque or something?

When you think about how many cars that is though, it really puts into perspective how many cars exist in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vseries View Post
    or they could be like toyota and sell a vehicle that marks a milestone for the company yet not even know they sold it till later. I think at the moment they're looking for the 5 millionth corolla sold or something along those lines
    Yeah, car makers do weird things. The guy who bought the new Boss 302 #001 didn't know it until he already paid for it and noticed the huge number plaque on the intake of all Boss 302s. The dealer had no idea either. He sold it to a collector after a week for double what he paid and promptly bought a second "free" one with the profit. Interestingly, he ended up selling that one not long after. One of the reasons was the second one had one of the bad transmissions and it almost killed him when he was in mid pass on a semi with oncoming traffic and went to shift just as he pulled even with the semi's front bumper and it wouldn't go back into any gear.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 09-19-2013 at 08:22 PM.

You would think manufacturers would keep these cars in museums or something.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements