ATS-V No Lift Shift?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ATS-V No Lift Shift?

There was a time when power shifting meant pistons through the hood for all but the most experienced drivers. GM is changing that with its No-Lift-Shift feature. It debuted on the Cobalt SS and HHR SS (for some reason) and transitioned its way into the Regal GS and CTS-V. The next in line for No-Lift-Shift is the 2014 Camaro ZL1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyqek0PGXXw

Basically, just stay in it. I'm betting whenever the ATS-V shows up it gets the no lift shift feature, that'll give BMW a handful...

crazy concept.

how does the engine protect itself from over revving? or the clutch from grabbing and jerking forward? his shifts weren't exactly fast either. he took his time.

All the sudden it's okay to use both feet for the pedals instead of just one. This is a great idea. It will make driving a lot smoother, and it should also protect the engine from those who would abuse it. Awesome idea. I'd like to actually test it out so I can see what it feels like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Its funny hearing cars with no-lift shifting, much unlike the traditional way of having to lift the gas pedal.

LOL its always been okay to use both feet instead of 1. Powershifting can be done, you just need quick hands and balls of steel becasue there are huge risks involved. Its the ECU that keeps the engine from spooling too heavy. the clutch wont grab if you depress the pedal, re engagement is the same as when you rev match on downshifts...

Quote Originally Posted by antsy View Post
    LOL its always been okay to use both feet instead of 1. Powershifting can be done, you just need quick hands and balls of steel becasue there are huge risks involved. Its the ECU that keeps the engine from spooling too heavy. the clutch wont grab if you depress the pedal, re engagement is the same as when you rev match on downshifts...
    it's why a lot of people don't do it, but I do see a lot guys that tune older honda's doing it, repair bill for those is peanuts

This isn't a feature that I would make use of. I am happy to use the clutch and take my foot off of the gas when shifting. it just wouldn't feel right any other way. It seems like more of a racing technology than one that needs to be put into production vehicles, no?

Proper powershifting can be done without this feature but will require the thrid pedal of course.

It would be a cool feature to have but it would just make any noob a better driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Guy View Post
    Proper powershifting can be done without this feature but will require the thrid pedal of course.

It would be a cool feature to have but it would just make any noob a better driver.
    it can be done but a lot of people don't do it and would be far less inclined to do it, with no-lift a lot of people will be making it a new habit when driving

check this powershifting video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aCCRU1rvi0

I actually dont think alot of noobs will make lo-lift a habit, just because most noobs don't even know how to drive stick, let alone have any desire to learn how to drive stick. Maybe for average standard drivers who always wanted to feel like a great racing driver will abuse it during normal driving but the ATS' fuel Econ will take a massive hit if your no-lifting all the time..

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements