ATS stalling

Thread: ATS stalling

ATS stalling

I have an incredible RWD stick shift ATS 2.4 L turbo. Amazing car, but something wrong with computer. Blower comes on when I mute the radio or adjust volume with the dash dial. Then, car stalled Sept 30 3 times. Twice at a stop and third time moving at 35 mph. Last was very dangerous, since I was stuck in the middle of the block and middle of the street. If it happened on expressway I'm dead. I think its combo dashboard computer and also the ECM that controls sparkplug firing. Does anyone have similar experience? I want to take the car cross country but will not drive her all unless this is fixed.

I hope you brought it to the dealer.
    Sounds like a serious electrical or wiring problem.

What did the dealer say if you did bring it to them?

I wouldn't say this is a common issue so you probably won't get much answers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
    I have an incredible RWD stick shift ATS 2.4 L turbo. Amazing car, but something wrong with computer. Blower comes on when I mute the radio or adjust volume with the dash dial. Then, car stalled Sept 30 3 times. Twice at a stop and third time moving at 35 mph. Last was very dangerous, since I was stuck in the middle of the block and middle of the street. If it happened on expressway I'm dead. I think its combo dashboard computer and also the ECM that controls sparkplug firing. Does anyone have similar experience? I want to take the car cross country but will not drive her all unless this is fixed.
    This is not common but stalling or rough running is a known problem for a few cars.

There is a TSB that fixes the problem for some cars. Unfortunately, there is apparently more than one possible cause for stalling and/or rough running. Unfortunately the TSB does not cure all of them. The TSB hasn't been out long enough to get a sense of what percent it does fix based on forum feedback.

Definetly have a dealer check to see if the TSB applies to your car and if so have it done if it hasn't been already.

That TSB has nothing to do with radio or AC blower so isn't the fix for you if all that is from a single cause.

p.s. I'm assuming you just mistyped 2.4 instead of 2.0 for your engine size.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 10-03-2013 at 06:51 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
    Hello Marcellus,

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you part of the Cadillac community. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your ATS stalling multiple times in a short period. I would like to assist you in getting to your local dealership for a diagnosis. Please contact us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Customer Care to the rescue.

So I guess you help owners book appointments with dealerships Laura? Isn't a bad idea. Might urge dealerships to pay more attention knowing that corporate is watching for satisfaction from customers.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Cadillac Customer Care to the rescue.

So I guess you help owners book appointments with dealerships Laura? Isn't a bad idea. Might urge dealerships to pay more attention knowing that corporate is watching for satisfaction from customers.
    Hello cfrp,

We are here to help with concerns and questions. Yes, we assist customers with setting up dealership appointments. We are a liaison between the customer and dealer and are here to assist the best we can! Don't hesitate to contact us via private message or by email if you need assistance.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

8. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements