New ATS co-owner

New ATS co-owner

For the last month or so my wife has been looking at cars to replace her 05 Toyota Avalon Limited. The Avalon was competent enough for what it was but not too exiting. We looked at BMW 328 sedans, Acura TL's, new for 13 Avalons, Buick Regal's Honda Accords and a few others. For some reason the ATS had slipped my mind and we found a 2013 V6,AWD Performance package demo at a local dealer and got what we think was a great deal. Dark Grey with a red interior. My only reservations are that the CUE system addreses a question that no one asked but then I never was a gadget guy. I'm currently driving a 04 BMW M3 convertible and I think the seat of my pants is telling me the ATS is faster. Very nice car.

Quick addendum to my post. Wife was complaining of HD fm signal dropping out and volume changing. Seems the radio defaults to HD signal which cannot be changed and if it's weak it hunts for standard signal. Back and forth. We are within 20 miles of Chicago so I'm not out in a rural area. So for a pretty hefty buy in we have a car that has worse FM reception than the 1973 Z28 Camaro I had when I was a kid. My advice to her is sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1 View Post
    Quick addendum to my post. Wife was complaining of HD fm signal dropping out and volume changing. Seems the radio defaults to HD signal which cannot be changed and if it's weak it hunts for standard signal. Back and forth. We are within 20 miles of Chicago so I'm not out in a rural area. So for a pretty hefty buy in we have a car that has worse FM reception than the 1973 Z28 Camaro I had when I was a kid. My advice to her is sell it.
    It's even more fun when a station has different programming on the HD than the regular FM; then its like the station keeps changing. Pretty amazing Cadillac could get that so wrong (letting customers lock HD or not HD). It really sucks. I don't have weak radio signals where I drive but GM is lucky the handling is so fantastic I'd still buy it if it didn't have FM at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

You would sell an otherwise good car because the FM reception wasn't perfect? Have you tried satellite radio? A monthly subscription, but cheaper than switching cars.

Craig in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1 View Post

6. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements