Cadillac cancels ATS convertible [Archive] - Cadillac ATS Forum : Cadillac ATS Forums

: Cadillac cancels ATS convertible

cfrp
09-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Cadillac is preparing to launch its BMW 3 Series rival, and while the new ATS will take on the Germans in the sedan and coupe segments, plans to also offer a coupe have been axed.

According to a report by GMInsideNews, the ATS Convertible has been dropped as sales projections for the car proved too low to make up for the cost required to bring it to market. Early plans for a wagon version were dropped early on in the development of the new small rear-drive platform.

With the ATS sedan expected to arrive some time in 2012 as a 2013 model year car, a coupe version is still in the cards and is set to follow afterwards by a few months.

Power for the new ATS is expected to come from a version of GM’s 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder, with a 3.6-liter V6 optional. Look for V versions to arrive a year or two later, packing either V8 power or GM’s upcoming twin-turbo V6 engine.

Cadillac.Fan
09-29-2011, 09:39 PM
a Cadillac ATS convertible would've been really nice since now everyone wants the great gas mileage, affordability, reliability and something that looks great! The ATS convertible could of been the vehicle to offer that. Oh well I guess Cadillac might have something better coming up

import_nation
09-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Surprised that the coupe is being considered. I think they need to offer this in a coupe. At least offer the ATS-V in a coupe.

I never liked the idea of a convertible ATS. Don't think they would have sold many, figure they realized that as well.

PremiumCaddy
09-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Surprised that the coupe is being considered. I think they need to offer this in a coupe. At least offer the ATS-V in a coupe.

I never liked the idea of a convertible ATS. Don't think they would have sold many, figure they realized that as well.

i'll laugh at cadillac if they don't make a ats-v coupe, like how can they not, what a horrible idea that would be.
they need to smoke competition like the M3 coupe, and genesis 3.8.

it's cadillac's first time in the small car market, they better do it right to be successful