2013 ATS 2.0 vibrates when idles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Has anyone fixed the problem yet?

I was just told by GM. That the engine is running as design. This also was told to me by salesman. So if you want to get it fixed. Forget it. I am trying to get out of this car but rejected by GM. Because the engine is not a issue. So to all out there we are the losers. GM the winner. We are stuck with the problem obviously GM is covering up this issue so it doesn't get out and hurt there sales.every service mgr I have tested have admitted that YES the engines run rough and that's the way it goes. Is this exceptable to all if so o well but I believe we are smarter than this and we should demand a recall

Also the CEO is difficult to get in touch with as he is probably sheltered from this engine issue.i realize that he wants and needs to beat the BMW. But couldn't he accomplish this without building a vibrating and rocking engine.cant GM own up and just fix it What's it going to take can anyone answer that question I have exhausted the cadillac customer service.what are we the cadillac owners going to do?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I was just told by GM. That the engine is running as design. This also was told to me by salesman. So if you want to get it fixed. Forget it. I am trying to get out of this car but rejected by GM. Because the engine is not a issue. So to all out there we are the losers. GM the winner. We are stuck with the problem obviously GM is covering up this issue so it doesn't get out and hurt there sales.every service mgr I have tested have admitted that YES the engines run rough and that's the way it goes. Is this exceptable to all if so o well but I believe we are smarter than this and we should demand a recall
    You think GM is obviously covering up the issue? If you have any proof that would help you get support from the majority of owners who don't have the problem. So what makes you think they are covering something up? It doesn't seem they are removing or trying to remove evidence of it. This and the largest Cadillac forums have threads like this one. The term cover up means taking action to hide something. What specific actions have they done to hide this?

There is ample evidence that direct injection engines of any configuration vibrate more at idle than port injection engines. That's true for cars of all brands. Some like Subaru have added port injection to direct injection engines just for idle improvement.

Your biggest obstacle is that it is impossible for anyone to know if your car is or is not operating per design based solely on your opinion. I mean there is no way a reader can tell if your car has excessive vibration or if you are just more bothered by the level of vibrations than most people. Its a fact that all internal combustion engines vibrate the car they are in. Some so little that you have to try hard to feel it. Some so much they'll churn cream into butter. But there is no language to convey where in the scale a particular car falls. So you need a different approach to get support from readers for your cause. One way would be to show less emotion. Nobody doubts you are upset. But just about everyone sees emotions as something that impair resolutions not enhance them.

I suggest you ask Cadillac to tell you what the design goal was for vibration and then measure your car for that. They have done neither based on yours and others' posts. There are no vibration sensors in these cars. So they can NOT know if it is within specs without putting temporary sensors in and measuring it. You and others have only reported GM said other things that are being measured are within spec. They are implying that vibration can be extrapolated from those readings but it can not. Let me give a ridiculous example, the ridiculousness does not negate the point. Someone could mount a paint mixer under the seat of your car. It would loosen your fillings but all the measurements Cadillac claims show you don't have a problem would still be the same. All they can say based on the information available to them is that your car doesn't give any readings that would support a conclusion of excessive vibration. The only way you may be satisfied (and your car fixed IF it is out of spec) is if they take actual measurements of vibrations at the points you feel them AND have previously documented specs for what it should be based on their goals. They already honestly believe your car is within specs and doing what I described could cost thousands of dollars so you would have an uphill battle to convince then to do it. And coming full circle, how much they like you and interacting with you may be the tie breaker. If you see them as the enemy, their emotional reaction will be to dismiss your complaints. Naturally they won't say that to your face. Don't be your own worse enemy.

And good luck.

I hear you Hoosier daddy I really like this car I am trying to defend it by trying my best to get this resolved and bring the ATS to the next level.thats why I put so emotion into this forum maybe something will be done

I don't think this forum will help you.

You need to continue to pursue your dealer and Cadillac for a solution.

8. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements