Cadillac ATS reliability--let's get better info - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

TrueData

Well I signed up so that my data can be part of the evaluation sample.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    One reason may be the one why I won't participate. The post below shows a complete lack of knowledge of auto reliability figures. Three problems or even dozens of problems does not indicate a particular car is substandard. Take a look at the J. D. Power figures (for example). Take the percent of cars with problems of the most reliable car in their database and then multiply that times the number of cars sold. So while I would like to see figures from another source, I wouldn't trust ones put together by someone who seems out of touch with reality.
    Sorry for not responding sooner, I just saw your post. Where did I conclude that the ATS is substandard? How does what I actually wrote (vs. what you say I wrote) indicate that I'm "out of touch with reality?"

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    its a good resource for looking up what kind of problems exist for a certain kind of car

i mean there is no doubt that people with no problems aren't going to sign up for the website. its going to be a bunch of people who HAVE problems with their car.
    I realize that many people think this is the case, but it's not actually the case. Unlike other surveys, ours excludes pre-existing problems from the stats. With each quarterly round of the survey, more than three out of four owners report that they've had no repairs. And this is the average for all models and model years. For some fairly new models it's more than 19 out of 20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tfw32 View Post
    Well I signed up so that my data can be part of the evaluation sample.
    Thanks! We now have 17 2013s and a couple 2014s signed up. With 3-4 more of each I could add them to the survey.

www.truedelta.com/join
    Last edited by mkaresh; 12-30-2013 at 08:07 PM.

More owners have signed up, so I have added both the 2013 and 2014 ATS to the survey. This said, more participants remain needed if we're to provide complete stats for both years.

Quote Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
    More owners have signed up, so I have added both the 2013 and 2014 ATS to the survey. This said, more participants remain needed if we're to provide complete stats for both years.
    I just signed my 2013 ATS up. It's the basic 2.5L. I've had no problems since I got the car in July, 2013.

Thanks! We're now just four cars short of the minimum sample size for the 2013. Hopefully at least a few more people will join (or a few more existing members will buy ATSs) in the next month or so.

www.truedelta.com/join

I just joined.

THX,
    dennish

Much better now, thanks, guys! Very close to the minimum for the 2013, and one-third of the way with the 2014.

www.truedelta.com/join

mkaresh: I have 2013 ATS with 15,800 km. No problems, only been to dealer once for oil change. Occasionally Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) cuts out on level highway. Message on driver panel is " ACC temporarily unavailable". Radar sensors on front bumper are clean. Wondering if this happens to anyone else. John H
    Last edited by John H; 03-27-2014 at 11:41 PM.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements