Musty Smell from Vents at Start Up - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I have the Same problem only the smell is every time I use the a/c system and it's continuous. I just received my car back from dealership and they sprayed some deodorizer on it making it worse. It made myself and my son gag and our eyes water. I'm taking my car back on Monday and they had better fix the problem I can't even drive my son around in a $50,000 car! Are u kidding me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkmcole View Post
    I have the Same problem only the smell is every time I use the a/c system and it's continuous. I just received my car back from dealership and they sprayed some deodorizer on it making it worse. It made myself and my son gag and our eyes water. I'm taking my car back on Monday and they had better fix the problem I can't even drive my son around in a $50,000 car! Are u kidding me?!
    Hello Nikkmcole,

I understand how this must extremely frustrating. I am happy to provide an additional layer of support while you are working with the dealership today. Please send me a private message with your VIN, current mileage, contact info and the dealership your vehicle will be at.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

My 2014 ATs has the same problem. Musty smell when I get in the car. I thought it was the kid's sweat so I cleaned all the seats with leather cleaner and still get the odor. I figured it was coming from the vents as it is radiating from the bottom of the dash board. I did a search and voila I found this thread. My car has 4000 miles so is very new. It has been raining every day in Miami for the last four month, so I am sure that rain water is collecting somewhere and therefore I am getting the smell. rrmays did the dealer do the things you mention and did it fix the problem?

9/26/2014

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Hello Rdelvalle,

I certainly do not want your vehicle ownership experience to be negative and apologize that you are noticing a musty smell in your ATS. If you would like to further discuss your vehicle concern, please feel free to send a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and dealer name. I am always happy to assist anyway that I can.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I also have the same problem in my wifes 2013 ATS. Musty smell from ac vents when first started. I have been to dealer three times. They changed cabin filter and sprayed deodorant in the car. If there is a service bulletin addressing this concern as one post says why are one of you Cadillac representatives not just confirming that and putting the bulletin number out there and explaining what is involved in the repair so we can make a decision on getting it fixed or not. We all have the same problem. So what about it Cadillac? Can you confirm the service bulletin?

Last edited by ATS CANADA; 04-28-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Last edited by ATS CANADA; 04-28-2017 at 02:18 PM.

I've been having this problem since 3 months after I bought the car, I find it very annoying and a good enough reason to not buy another in the future because its disgusting to have to smell that every time i start AC. other than that I do like the car. by reading this forum it sounds like the dealerships are just docs ring stuff up temporarily and not actually fixing the problem which is making sure the moisture doesn't sit in the evaporator... that's upsetting :-(

Doctoring* , and please Cadillac customer care unless you're going to actually solve the problem please don't attempt to talk to me and waste my time, a temporary fix does nothing for me I can do that
    Last edited by dalton111384; 12-28-2014 at 03:10 AM.

I'm having the same proble with my 2013 ats and it only has 14000 miles

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements