Musty Smell from Vents at Start Up - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS Luxury I purchased last August and the horrible Urine Smell started about 2 weeks ago. It is so strong that I almost gag, at times I have to turn off my AC and open the windows. I use to love the new car smell in my car, the smell of leather, it's GONE. I took it to the Cadillac Dealer in Charlotte, it was there for a week and they assured me the smell was gone, they replaced the vents, dried the system out. Afterhaving the car dropped off, the car sat in the sun all day, when I got in and turned the car on, the same smell, just as strong!!!! I was so mad!! I called the dealership this morning and while waiting for a return call, I decided to do a search and was shocked to see so many people having this problem. The people at Cadillac when I brought it in weren't aware of any Urine smell issues??????? The Service person called me back and said there is a new Service Bulletin coming out June 15, 2015 to correct this, something with charcoal. After June 15 they will call back to make an appointment to bring my car back. I've seen comments for febreeze and such NONE of this helps, I even sprayed my vents with Lysol, Put one of those air freshener clips on, nothing works. This smell is strong and just horrible. If they don't get this fixed, while I loved being a first time Cadillac owner, I will be seeking to replace my car with another luxury car and will look on line FIRST to see if there are issues. This issue has been a problem since 2011??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fran DeLuca View Post
    I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS Luxury I purchased last August and the horrible Urine Smell started about 2 weeks ago. It is so strong that I almost gag, at times I have to turn off my AC and open the windows. I use to love the new car smell in my car, the smell of leather, it's GONE. I took it to the Cadillac Dealer in Charlotte, it was there for a week and they assured me the smell was gone, they replaced the vents, dried the system out. Afterhaving the car dropped off, the car sat in the sun all day, when I got in and turned the car on, the same smell, just as strong!!!! I was so mad!! I called the dealership this morning and while waiting for a return call, I decided to do a search and was shocked to see so many people having this problem. The people at Cadillac when I brought it in weren't aware of any Urine smell issues??????? The Service person called me back and said there is a new Service Bulletin coming out June 15, 2015 to correct this, something with charcoal. After June 15 they will call back to make an appointment to bring my car back. I've seen comments for febreeze and such NONE of this helps, I even sprayed my vents with Lysol, Put one of those air freshener clips on, nothing works. This smell is strong and just horrible. If they don't get this fixed, while I loved being a first time Cadillac owner, I will be seeking to replace my car with another luxury car and will look on line FIRST to see if there are issues. This issue has been a problem since 2011??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi Fran,

I am extremely sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this musty smell coming from your AC unit. We are happy you decided to join the Cadillac family as a first time owner, and can completely understand how frustrating this must be. I’ll be sure to let our internal resources know, and we will continue to keep your dealership updated in this process. However, please feel free to send us a private message with any questions.

All the best,

Shane M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by ATS CANADA View Post
    Refer to GM Technical Bulletin No.: 99-01-39-004F Dated August, 2014

Air Conditioning Odor (Install Evaporator Core Dryer Kit and Apply Cooling Coil Coating)
    Models: 2015 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Trucks All Equipped with Air Conditioning

Print this out and take it to your dealer: http://www.archwayprints.com/uploads...1407761811.pdf
    Printed and headed to the dealership.....
    2014 ATS Performance 2.0 RWD Crimson Sport

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2014 Cadillac ATS, 10,000 miles, it's 14 months old now. I first noticed the extreme odor when I started up my car last summer, I took the car to the dealer, they cleaned the evaporator with Lysol, and the problem went away as winter came to New York, the smell was just faint. Now this spring the smell was/ is extreme, went to the dealer again today, they cleaned the evaporator again, the smell is still there. The dealer told me there is a Service Bulletin that is to be issued on June 15, 2015 that replaces the parts that have the mold build up and causes the smell. I hope the mold is not hazardous to your health as the odor in my car is extreme and lasts 2 to 3 minutes.

I have the same problem, had it since I drove it off the lot last spring. I was told it in mold in the system, I hope the mold is not hazardous to your health, nothing worked for me Freeze, Lysol, alcohol, etc. A Service Bullitin comes out on 6/15/15.
    Hope it is not a health issue.

Doyou know where I can obtain a copy of the June 15, 2015 Service Bulletin? The smell in my car is very bad, am concerned about breathing in an odor from mold.
    Thank you.
    ;392474]Printed and headed to the dealership.....[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Doyou know where I can obtain a copy of the June 15, 2015 Service Bulletin? The smell in my car is very bad, am concerned about breathing in an odor from mold.
    Thank you.
    ;392474]Printed and headed to the dealership.....
    Hi Lawrence,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this extreme odor coming from your HVAC system. I can certainly imagine how this would be frustrating especially since your dealer has cleaned out the evaporator. I am unable to comment on any service bulletins, however I would be more than happy to look into your concerns further and run your VIN through our system to check for any open service announcements. If interested, please send me a private message including your full contact info, VIN, mileage and the name of your preferred local dealership.

Best regards,

Shane M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service View Post
    Hi Lawrence,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this extreme odor coming from your HVAC system. I can certainly imagine how this would be frustrating especially since your dealer has cleaned out the evaporator. I am unable to comment on any service bulletins, however I would be more than happy to look into your concerns further and run your VIN through our system to check for any open service announcements. If interested, please send me a private message including your full contact info, VIN, mileage and the name of your preferred local dealership.

Best regards,

Shane M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Shane, I patiently waited for Cadillac to issue the Service Bulletin (June 15, 2015) on the odor coming from the ventilation system in my car, then for my dealer to obtain the tools, and parts required to make the repair. The repair was made two weeks ago, it took several hours, and the odor is back! This was the fourth attempt to eliminate the odor. I am concerned breathing that foul air from mold in the system may be a health issue. I do not know how to contact you direct, I do have an extreme problem with my stinky Cadillac.

Ready to NEVER drive Cadillac again

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements