Musty Smell from Vents at Start Up - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Case #
    71-1506473755
    My dealership just blew out my A.C. Again and put more smell good!!!
    and the third time in shop it still stinks!
    I am so frustrated
    My service manager claims he smells no smell in my car and that his service rep from Cadillac Bruce Morris was in while my car was in shop and he also checked and says it has no smell, then my sales person also didn't smell......
    It's funny I, my husband, my daughter, my mother, my friends, my grandchildren, and my father smell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So here I go again to go to the dealership to have it fixed ( I don't think it will ever be fixed)!
    My next stop will be go to another dealership for a second opinion.

Angry

After emailing Cadillac customer service NO reply

Stinky Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Pstutes View Post
    Case #
    71-1506473755
    My dealership just blew out my A.C. Again and put more smell good!!!
    and the third time in shop it still stinks!
    I am so frustrated
    My service manager claims he smells no smell in my car and that his service rep from Cadillac Bruce Morris was in while my car was in shop and he also checked and says it has no smell, then my sales person also didn't smell......
    It's funny I, my husband, my daughter, my mother, my friends, my grandchildren, and my father smell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So here I go again to go to the dealership to have it fixed ( I don't think it will ever be fixed)!
    My next stop will be go to another dealership for a second opinion.
    Did you have the June 15th service bulletin implemented? My big concern is the smell is from MOLD, and there is no such thing as a healthy MOLD. I worry my health may be in jeopardy with inhaling the particulate from the mold on the evaporator.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Not Safe

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    Did you have the June 15th service bulletin implemented? My big concern is the smell is from MOLD, and there is no such thing as a healthy MOLD. I worry my health may be in jeopardy with inhaling the particulate from the mold on the evaporator.
    Well I started bleeding o
    In my sinus and have headaches all the time!
    They did
    Bulletin OI1408A
    It's a blower and charcoal
    I guess that Cadillac is hoping people get tired of going to the shop and just live with it!
    I'm not that person. I will go to the media, get a lawyer, fight until my car is fixed or I am put in a safe car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pstutes View Post
    Well I started bleeding o
    In my sinus and have headaches all the time!
    They did
    Bulletin OI1408A
    It's a blower and charcoal
    I guess that Cadillac is hoping people get tired of going to the shop and just live with it!
    I'm not that person. I will go to the media, get a lawyer, fight until my car is fixed or I am put in a safe car.
    Did you know this was in the news on NBC already?

I have a 2014 ATS, the odor in my car is EXTREME! It has been back to the dealer 4 times, most recently in July to implement the June 15th Service Bulletin. Within 10 days the odor returned. Cadillac is now promising to replace parts, they are waiting for new hardware, in the meantime, I also am experiencing headaches I never had in the past, I am absolutely certain this is my LAST Cadillac!!! I was unable to find the NBC News story on their site or Google, I did find the below story:

Special Report: Is Your Car Making You Sick?

Mold Can Be Spread Through Air Conditioning
    From NBC 10 Consumer Reporter Tracy Davidson (nbc10.com)

John Consalvi and Jeanette Hallak both told NBC 10's Consumer Alert Team that their cars' heating and cooling systems are making them sick.

"We went to turn on the [air conditioning] one day, and it had a horrible smell – I call it a toxic smell," Hallak said. "You immediately have to shut it off. I do have allergies [and] this probably made it worse."

"I get a little dizzy whenever I smell the odor from the [air conditioning] unit. I'm allergic to mold and mildew, so I have to roll down the windows so I can feel better," Consalvi said.

Experts call it "toxic car syndrome."

"A lot of new vehicles have mold in the air conditioning system," said Clarence Ditlow, with the Center for Auto Safety in Washington.

Ditlow said that mold in ventilation systems is a common problem.

"It results in water accumulating in it, promoting the growth of the mold, and whenever you turn on the air conditioner, the first thing you do is get hit with a blast of moldy air," Ditlow said.

The challenge for car owners is how to fix the problem. Some car manufacturers have put out advisories on the problem and have told mechanics how to fix the problem. Many times it involves a disinfectant sprayed into the ventilation system.

The fix can cost you a few hundred dollars, and it doesn't guarantee the moldy smell is gone for good.

"They sprayed it and installed the part, per the bulletin, and the odor was still there. I brought it back three times," Consalvi said.

"What will happen, is that when you dump the chemicals into the (air conditioning) system, you will kill off the bacteria and the mold for awhile, but it will come back again," Ditlow said.

Ditlow said that if a car has the problem, you are stuck with it for the life of the car.

Attorney Jacqueline Herritt has advice for consumers:

"If they turn it on and they smell any odd smell, they should definitely take it back into the dealership. Don't settle for any excuses from the dealership – make sure something is done or it could affect your health," Herritt said.

The Consumer Alert bottom line is, if you have a smell, you should complain to the manufacturer in writing and use the Lemon Law in your state to try to get the manufacturer to buy your car back.

Both Consalvi and Jeanette Hallak filed lawsuits against the manufacturer. They both have General Motors cars. General Motors has since bought back Consalvi's car. He got a new truck from the company. Hallak settled with the company.

Return to Lemon Law News.

I am going to a different dealership to check it because mine tells me everyone at their dealership says I have no smell!!! REALLY WOW My car STINKS!!!!!

I have the same problem. My car has been in the dealership for two times. Still it hasn't been fixed. :-(
    Like Pstutes says, planning to take to a different dealership & give it a try.

Note I sent you a message with my experiences.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements