Musty Smell from Vents at Start Up - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hello rrmays,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry that you have been noticing a musty smell from the air vents in your 2014 ATS. I am glad you are working with your dealer to resolve this issue. If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a private message. We are always happy to assist anyway that we can.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

The smell is now gone.

CAUSE: MUST ODOR FROM EVAP CORE REFER TO 99-01-39-004E
    4480118 Apply Cooling Coil & Install Electronic Evap Dryer Kit
    459 WARC
    1 12377952 Deodorizer
    1 10054 Airco Fresh Kit 2-Part
    1 13356914 (S) Filter
    FC: PART#: 12377952 COUNT: 1

9010 ODOR 4480118 0.80 A/C HAS A MUSTY ODOR PER BULLETIN 99-0139-004E NEC. TO CLEAN AND DISINFECT CORE AND ADD COOLING COIL COATING AND ENABLE AFTER BLOW SYSTEM.

I too, have had problems with the musty smell upon startup on my 2013 ATS. I dropped my ATS off this morning at the Dealership and was called a few hours later and was told by the service manager that an A/C Tube needed to be replaced according to a bulletin out on the ATSs. After reading the posts on this forum I assume he is meaning the A/C Evap Core is holding condensation. The service manager stated to do this it would require 9 hours as they would need to remove the engine, transmission and front suspension.... I do not believe this would be the correct means to replace the faulty Evap Core and etc. Can someone tell who has had this fixed tell me what had to be done to the vehicle to correct the issue. Getting a little frustrated with Dealerships answers to an issue!
    Thank You

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I purchased a certified used 2013 ATS in February 2014 and after about four months started getting a foul odor from the air conditioning at start up. Finally got around to taking it to the dealer on 6/25. They did a service as per the service bulletin 3665305. In the past few days the odor has returned. They did not replace the cabin air filter because the service manager said it was not time yet. Mileage was just over 13,000. It is a real hassle to go back to the dealer so I plan to try spraying a can of "Frigi-fresh" into the air intake. I may also get AutoZone or someone similar to replace the cabin air at my expense. It makes no sense to me that the dealer didn't do this as part of the service. If the evaporator core had a musty growth the filter surely is holding spores.
    Last edited by Trav; 07-13-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I purchased a certified used 2013 ATS in February 2014 and after about four months started getting a foul odor from the air conditioning at start up. Finally got around to taking it to the dealer on 6/25. They did a service as per the service bulletin 3665305. In the past few days the odor has returned. They did not replace the cabin air filter because the service manager said it was not time yet. Mileage was just over 13,000. It is a real hassle to go back to the dealer so I plan to try spraying a can of "Frigi-fresh" into the air intake. I may also get AutoZone or someone similar to replace the cabin air at my expense. It makes no sense to me that the dealer didn't do this as part of the service. If the evaporator core had a musty growth the filter surely is holding spores.

Hi Trav,

I’m happy to hear your dealership was able to locate a solution to your original concern, but I apologize your cabin air filter was not replaced during that visit. Have you notified your dealership about the odor returning? I understand getting back to the dealership can be a hassle, but if you do want me to reach out to them on your behalf please let me know. I’m happy to help.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks, Katie. I have a great Cadillac salesperson named Herman Butler at Andrews Cadillac in Brentwood, TN. When I expressed my concern to him that the smell was still an issue, he offered to get the cabin air filter replaced. Herman picked my ATS up at around 8 this morning and had it back to me by noon. Hopefully, we now have a resolution.

Glad to hear it, Trav. Please let us know when you get your ATS back and if the odor concern was resolved. Feel free to message us in the meantime if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Have the same problem with our 2013 ATS. I guess it will be another trip to the dealer. So whats that a dozen or so.....

Hello Redfoot,

I apologize that you’re experiencing this odor from your vents and I can understand how displeasing it would be. I know I already responded to another post of yours, but I just wanted to reiterate that we are here to assist if you are interested.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Did you get the service bulletin number?

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements