Turn your ATS into a beast - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

3.6 upgraded?

Are these guys doing anything for the 3.6 v-6 .
    I'd love to see what they could do with this .

Adding a turbo and retuning the intake, air and fuel systems will go a long way with improving power coming out of this engine, but reliability might go down because of that.

The next move might be a 4.0 V8 for the ATS-V or even a twin turbo V6.

Quote Originally Posted by FANTM58 View Post
    Are these guys doing anything for the 3.6 v-6 .
    I'd love to see what they could do with this .
    because the V6 does not come with a turbo from the factory there will be alot more parts involved to get the 3.6 to be turbocharged. It will likely cost much more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Hello,

I'm new to this turbo thing, LOL and new to the forum. I've been on the regular cadillac forums and just found this one specifically for the ATS. Awesome!

My question is reliability. I have an ATS 2.0T Performance and it's my daily driver however, I would like to add power will still having a reliable car.
    How does this upgrade affect it? What about Warranty? Do brakes, Tires, also need to be upgraded?

Thank you in advanced. Sorry for the many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFX View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to this turbo thing, LOL and new to the forum. I've been on the regular cadillac forums and just found this one specifically for the ATS. Awesome!

My question is reliability. I have an ATS 2.0T Performance and it's my daily driver however, I would like to add power will still having a reliable car.
    How does this upgrade affect it? What about Warranty? Do brakes, Tires, also need to be upgraded?

Thank you in advanced. Sorry for the many questions.
    This won't have any effect because they closed shop a few month's back so you can't get it.

But there are other sources for tunes, intakes, exhaust, etc..

Any failures cause by changes to the car won't be covered by GM warranty. In addition, a failure that COULD be caused by a tune CAN be blamed on the tune. On the other hand, Cadillac has NOT been as draconian as some manufacturers about that. At least one ATS owner with tune, downpipe and possible other mods had a ring land failure which is definitely something that a bad tune can cause. But Cadillac did warranty the repair because a few cars without a tune also had that problem. Another owner with a tune has a holed piston and is waiting to see if Cadillac will warrant the repairs because of a bad fuel injector.

Basically don't get a tune UNLESS you can afford to pay for a rebuild or new engine if the unlikely worst scenario happens or if you feel lucky. I wouldn't buy a tune that didn't have a lot of customers who have been using it for a long time. If they haven't had a problem, you aren't likely to either. Don't buy a tune that you can't return to the factory tune or that doesn't come with free updates when Cadillac changes the factory tune. If you don't get free updates and have a problem that Cadillac fixes with programming, you could be faced with either not getting the factory fix or flushing the money you spent for the tune.

We have a large list of parts we are also working on for the ATS. All very similar to Pfadt, with a larger resource of parts, a higher level of experience in the Ecotec LE5 / LSJ / LNF / LDK / LHU / LTG, and more unique proprietary pieces as well. It was sad to see Pfadt have to close down, and lock the doors. ZZPerformance was looking forward to the competition.

Please check out our progress as we develop the best quality, highly engineered, performance enhancing parts for your Cadillac ATS!
    http://www.zzperformance.com/blog/ca...ming-soon-zzp/

Thank you for all the info.

9. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements