Cadillac ATS as a convertible

Cadillac ATS as a convertible

Newport Convertible Engineering (NCE) has released this rendering of the Cadillac ATS as a 4-door convertible. NCE wants to know if there is any demand for such a vehicle. If there was, the convertible ATS would join the CTS, STS, DTS and Escalade in NCE's convertible range.

So is there a market for this beast? Would you line up for a convertible Cadillac ATS?

There is a very small demand for this, it would be cool if it's done as a low production model to make Cadillac seem more unique. I rather see a 2 door cadillac have a drop top rather than a sedan.

I don't want it. i don't want to see it on the road.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I think 4-door convertibles are a bit of overkill. Keep it to the coupes. Though this is looking a lot better than some of the crossover convertible renderings and actual products that I have seen.

the only 4 door convertible there should ever be is the 60s lincoln continental, complete with suicide doors. an ATS coupe cabrio is more likely than this abomination.

I would be more excited about a Cadillac ATS convertible if t had suicide doors. Not sure why that makes it more appealing. Maybe the suicide doors tell people "I know this car is a little ridiculous." Otherwise people think that you just think the convertible ATS is cool. This way they can laugh with you instead of at you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
    I would be more excited about a Cadillac ATS convertible if t had suicide doors. Not sure why that makes it more appealing. Maybe the suicide doors tell people "I know this car is a little ridiculous." Otherwise people think that you just think the convertible ATS is cool. This way they can laugh with you instead of at you.
    If the ATS coupe actually has suicide doors, I hope it would be like the RX-8:

but I rather have it like a Mercedes where the side profile is nearly flawless with not even a B pillar to kill it's side profile.

If cadillac want's to compete with the best they need to be like the best and BETTER their BEST

9. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements