MY ATS LED Conversion obsession

MY ATS LED Conversion obsession

It’s been 2 weeks since my ATS Purchase and am loving this car everyday more and more. Originally I came in to get a 2013 CTS Lease. I was SOOOOOO sure I was gonna get a Black on Black CTS Premium. It was the most bang for your buck. My first impression was this is a nice car, but something didn’t fit quite right. Thought it was an awesome car, great ride, good gps…but something about the styling…I just didn’t feel ready yet for that…(I am 34, married no kids yet) and just felt that maybe in a few years it would fit better. But I was still ready to do the deal. While waiting to hash out the deal I noticed this great ATS on the showroom floor. I had borrowed my buddies ATS 2.5 Standard a few months ago for a weekend to give it a try and loved it. I was so sure that the CTS was gonna be the bigger beefier brother. I sat down in the Morillo red interior, and was impressed how good it looked on the silver. This thing was loaded…sunroof, navigation, driver awareness, black chromed rims, etc. I was impressed because this was the 2.0 Luxury Turbo model.

When the sales girl came back she told me that since I didn’t have a lease already I could not qualify for the rebates and the monthly jumped up to $480.00. My company was only going to cover up to $400 per month so I had to decline the CTS. I did all of my research on the CTS and barely enough on the ATS. But man o man, when I sat in that Red ATS interior it fit like a glove. I told the girl to work up the #’s on that exact floor model. After deciding that the $2500 black Chrome rims were not a priority I was able to get the ATS down to $360 per month. I was psyched.

I did as much research in one night as I could and there was one main mistake that I overlooked because I assumed that it would be on there. LED headlamps and LED Fog lights. I am sure many people in my position did the same thing. When I got to the dealership and picked up my baby, I realized too late that this did not have the LED headlamps or foglights that made me fall in love. I figured someone on the internet or some Chinese company would have produced an OEM headlamp and foglight exchange (still hoping for it). I know it is not the end of the world and that this car functions the same without them…but I have to admit…I feel shallow…it doesn’t look the same.

So I have taken it upon myself and because of all the excellent advice and DIY posts…I am going to try and make my own version of LED head lamps and add LED Fog Lights…I am going to try and use this for the vertical LED headlamp :

http://www.carid.com/universal-led-l...es-860497.html

and I am going to use Romanats Ford Mustang LED Foglights for the fog lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370741651210...84.m1439.l2649

I know this is not going to be OEM standard but I am really hoping this will be a fun and cool DIY project. Will post pictures of the process. Both products are on its way.

2 more things I will be doing to ATS then I will call it quits:

1) Bought 18” stock Cadillac staggered 10 spoke forged aluminum rims
    2) Going to do a medium tint
    3) Installing an HID kit as per one of the sticky's on this forum

After that, I will be done. Hopefully it will come out nice. Kind of see it as a challenge. Wish me luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you end up Leasing the ATS or buying it?

Modding a leased vehicle is one of the biggest NO-NOs of the automotive world.

Quote Originally Posted by nhh223 View Post
    Did you end up Leasing the ATS or buying it?

Modding a leased vehicle is one of the biggest NO-NOs of the automotive world.
    Yes, I leased it, and no nothing I am doing will be permanent. I have spent $60 so far for the Mod's, the 18" wheels I bought because I love them but they are brand new Stock Cadillac's and that will be fine because I can keep them after the lease or sell them. I have the lease for 3 years, I want to like what I drive and the whole process is just fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome and congratulations, matthewmugar!

Looking forward to hearing more about your journeys in your new ATS.

Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

6. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements