ATS or Q50? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATS or Q50?

also the ATS was built intended to dethrone the BMW 3 series, meanwhile....i don't know what Infinit's goal was with the G sedan, I just know they didn't attempt to dethrone anyone. So that alone should speak volumes for both vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    The 2.0T with tune is quicker than the V6 plus the 2.0T has that incredible midrange torque that make city driving effortless.
    Not to mention probably achieve better gas mileage than the v6.

yea hopefully my g37 was averaging 18 mpg im hoping for at least 24 with the 2.0t after break in

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

The Nissan V6 drinks gas like it is free. ex owner here. Wasn't fun in that regard. But do love the smooth power delivery and engine sound.

I think it is funny how the 2.0T fans keep saying "with a tune... the 2.0T" bla, bla bla. Remind me not to buy a used ATS with 2.0T. If it comes from one the "tuners" here it will be a pile of junk in 75,000 miles. Do you seriously think that if the Cadillac engineers could get 350+ hp out of the 2.0T without jeopardizing the longevity of the engine, that they would do so? These tuner 2.0T cars will be trashed in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by UphillDonut View Post
    Do you seriously think that if the Cadillac engineers could get 350+ hp out of the 2.0T without jeopardizing the longevity of the engine, that they would do so?
    Cadillac has to sell what many different kinds of customers want. There are people who think 4 cylinders are inferior and not fitting for a Cadillac. There are people who even balk at Cadillacs that only have 6 cylinders. It would not sit well with many customers if the turbo had more power than the "big" engine. It's good for business to be able to charge more for an aging V6. How do you think those less knowledgeable customers would feel if the factory HP of the 4 was MORE than the V6? So of course GM will tune the turbos very conservatively until the majority of potential buyers figure it out. Of course then the turbos will become the overpriced engine instead of the NA V6.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Cadillac has to sell what many different kinds of customers want. There are people who think 4 cylinders are inferior and not fitting for a Cadillac. There are people who even balk at Cadillacs that only have 6 cylinders. It would not sit well with many customers if the turbo had more power than the "big" engine. It's good for business to be able to charge more for an aging V6. How do you think those less knowledgeable customers would feel if the factory HP of the 4 was MORE than the V6? So of course GM will tune the turbos very conservatively until the majority of potential buyers figure it out. Of course then the turbos will become the overpriced engine instead of the NA V6.
    Cadillac is putting a twin turbo 3.6 in the ATS-V. Is that the same aging LFX 3.6 that the turbos are going on?

9. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements