A manual Cadillac ATS or an automatic Cadillac ATS???

View Poll Results: Do you have/want a manual or automatic transmission on you Cadillac ATS?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Manual

5 38.46%
  • Automatic

8 61.54%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A manual Cadillac ATS or an automatic Cadillac ATS???

I was thinking about whether most people will get the manual Cadillac ATS or the automatic. People who prize performance and really like driving would go for a manual more often while those who want luxury and a smooth ride would go for the automatic generally. Is the manual transmission a popular option for this car? I'm just curious.

Looks like its 100% manual as of right now.

I think it comes down to practicality. For normal commuting, I prefer an auto with sport paddles. A manual is a pain driving in traffic. If I only drove on a race track, manual.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I have a manual convertible roadster that I cruise around in during the summer, but I prefer the automatic for my everyday car. So for the ATS I will be going with an automatic.

for everyday driving I would prefer to have an automatic trnamission. You have to consider for the traffic stops and stops signs. that is when shifting can get annoying.

This comparison makes me think of this article I just read today.

http://jalopnik.com/manual-transmiss...-of-1294864532

Kudos to Cadillac for keeping the manual transmission

I wonder what the actual split is between manual and automatic transmissions on orders. I have to figure that automatic is more popular. Most people just want to drive easy, and then there are those who really want to drive their car. Is the manual more or less expensive than the automatic version?

I really enjoy manuals. I feel like I am losing a huge part of the driving experience if I am not shifting gears. For me, the manual is desired. I hear they may get rid of manuals altogether in the near future. This would make me sad. It also makes me want to buy a final vehicle with a manual in it before the shift (pun) takes place.

To summarize, when I order, I will be ordering a Cadillac ATS with a manual transmission.

it's true that a manual transmission does make you feel more connected to the car and in the end have a true drivers car, or at least something much more closer to it. but if you really want to go fast and make the most of the performance your newer car has to offer, automatic or some form of it is the better way

Year round daily driver so 3.6 AWD+Auto it is.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements