ATS inspiration - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATS inspiration

It is a possible and a route that ford can take but is this something that they have thought of? If yes why haven't they made any plans for the build if its as simple as it sounds.

I don't even think the S550 mustang needs the ATS chassis.

I am confident the S550 mustang will outlap an M3

At least the V8 variant.

But you have to realize the M3 is being superceeded by the M4 which will probably change the game AGAIN.

Ford hasn't come straight at us and said THIS IS WHAT WERE DOING. but if you read between the lines certain moves are being aligned that point to certain outcomes. For one MKS and MKZ are being moved to the same facility the Mustang is built at. MKS is coming from a facility where it rolled down the line with the Explorer and Taurus, both vehicles it shared a platform with. MKZ is coming from a facility that is shared with the Fusion, a vehicle it shares its architecture with...

I'm aware the M4 is coming, I believe Ford is as well. the S550 is ALL new, except for the coyote 5.0. I'll take an american 8 over a German one ANYDAY. Its the suspension thats always been the problem. The S197 made up its ground on the M3 on pure power alone, power drifting corners and back on it as soon as possible. Imagine when the thing can actually put down power efficiently through the apex...

Truthfully though the current gen 3/4 series is a step back from e92 and definitely e46. Theres a reason when the ATS was in development the boys over at Cadillac benchmarked the ATS against the e46 not the e92. I'm not as optimistic about the new M4. Sure its cool with all its CF bits but its going to suffer for the same light feeling steering as the new 3/4 series suffers. Consequences of electric steering.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by antsy View Post
    Ford hasn't come straight at us and said THIS IS WHAT WERE DOING. but if you read between the lines certain moves are being aligned that point to certain outcomes. For one MKS and MKZ are being moved to the same facility the Mustang is built at. MKS is coming from a facility where it rolled down the line with the Explorer and Taurus, both vehicles it shared a platform with. MKZ is coming from a facility that is shared with the Fusion, a vehicle it shares its architecture with...

I'm aware the M4 is coming, I believe Ford is as well. the S550 is ALL new, except for the coyote 5.0. I'll take an american 8 over a German one ANYDAY. Its the suspension thats always been the problem. The S197 made up its ground on the M3 on pure power alone, power drifting corners and back on it as soon as possible. Imagine when the thing can actually put down power efficiently through the apex...

Truthfully though the current gen 3/4 series is a step back from e92 and definitely e46. Theres a reason when the ATS was in development the boys over at Cadillac benchmarked the ATS against the e46 not the e92. I'm not as optimistic about the new M4. Sure its cool with all its CF bits but its going to suffer for the same light feeling steering as the new 3/4 series suffers. Consequences of electric steering.
    I agree with you in ever sense.

As each generation of M cars passes the cars become less and less fun to drive

But that doesn't mean they aren't faster. They do lap a track faster but that doesn't necessarily mean it was as fun. Computers are taking over and driver skills and becoming more and more watered down.

Not much is known about the S550. I have faith in Ford as I still have faith in BMW.

The cars are ever evolving and they wont be the same as they use to be. One thing is for sure - cars are getting faster, safer, more comfortable, more high tech. None of those mean the car is more fun to drive or is a handling dream.

6. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements