2014 ATS-V, Evidence of a Twin Turbo mounts!!

2014 ATS-V, Evidence of a Twin Turbo mounts!!

2014 may be the year we see the ATS-V. Clearly the ATS-V will not be getting a V8 shoe horned in, as that would step on big brother CTS' toes. While on September 21, 2013 Cadillac announced a new Twin Turbo 3.6 V6... connecting the dots yet?

The TT 3.6 would push 410 hp, making the ATS-V the 3rd fastest GM car behind Corvette and the ZL1 Camaro.

Would be nice if the ATS-V showed up with a 6 speed, would also be nice if the ATS-V showed up as a coupe...

Heres the article, theres more anecdotal evidence from a recent GM event. http://www.torquenews.com/1083/evide...v-coupe-mounts

I think that everyone would be happy with the Cadillac ATS-V being powered by the TT 3.6. 410 hp will get you from point a to point b in a hurry. And I guess it makes sense that GM doesn't want to outdo itself by making the Cadillac ATS-V go faster than it muscle car and sports car.

Any idea when this performance model will be available for the public to buy/enjoy?

Ford has a V6 TT in the new Ford Taurus Police car, it seems like it will be an engine that can take on this V6 TT from Cadillac. When it goes into the next Mustang, it will be cool to see a Mustang go up again an ATS-V!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

that would be cool for them to slap in a twin turbo v6 instead of a v8. this thing would have the M4 in its cross hair

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Guy View Post
    that would be cool for them to slap in a twin turbo v6 instead of a v8. this thing would have the M4 in its cross hair
    more like the M3, sedan to sedan. Lets fight apples with apples here. Even the Mustang vs the ATS-V wont really be that fair of a comparo, FYI the mustang isnt getting V6 TT its 4 cyl TT, N/A V6, N/A V8, maybe TT V8 in the Shelby.

What about the C63?

Quote Originally Posted by antsy View Post
    more like the M3, sedan to sedan. Lets fight apples with apples here. Even the Mustang vs the ATS-V wont really be that fair of a comparo, FYI the mustang isnt getting V6 TT its 4 cyl TT, N/A V6, N/A V8, maybe TT V8 in the Shelby.

What about the C63?
    Yeah it really is best to make it as fair as possible, best to not move out of this segment when comparing. Curious to see what the next M3 will be like performance wise, same with the ATS-V. Tough to say what will be the end result of both

I know they are not going to be using the v8 in the M4 but will they keep it in the M3 sedan?

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    I know they are not going to be using the v8 in the M4 but will they keep it in the M3 sedan?
    No M4 and M3 are both going I6 TT. I think its actually a response to the E90 M cars with the 8 getting slapped around by 335's with a tune kit. At least now the M3 and M4 can be tuned to stooooooopid levels like the 335s.

Even the ATS-V will eventually be unhinged by a madmen locked away in a garage somewhere in middle america

now if it was flat plane, whole new ball game...

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    This is wrong, BMW made an effort to drop V8's from where ever they could, starting with the 3 series and 4 series, since they are some of the smallest chassis that BMW has. 6 cylinders is the way of the future of these cars.

But I think the Concept M4 Coupe had a V8, might be why they didn't show it, didn't want to give people the wrong idea.

11. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements