What do you really think of your ATS? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you purchase an ATS if you could turn back the clock and choose over again?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would again choose an ATS (maybe a different one, but still an ATS). I am happy.

18 94.74%
  • No, I regret my decision. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have chosen an ATS.

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antsy View Post
    ever been on a BMW forum? most of that is a pure gushing love affair. I write letters to my cigarette company all the time to tell them I enjoy their products...

I'm not sure how science can measure the psychology of happiness, but I'm just a fisherman who don't know nothing.

As ATS matures and begins to get a loyal following of predominately younger owners we will see the forum perk up with all kinds of schenanigans from exhaust DIY's to someone stole my spare tire. Wait for ATS starting to show up used, give it a couple months.
    Good point on them hitting the used car market. That's how it is with Acura's. people hate buying them new, but when they hit the used market, it's hard to find a nice one because people grab them ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS-Guy View Post
    Good point on them hitting the used car market. That's how it is with Acura's. people hate buying them new, but when they hit the used market, it's hard to find a nice one because people grab them ASAP.
    especially the ATS Turbo models. wait till the boy racers start to get their hands on those, once they're out of warranty its gloves off balls to the wall mod fest. The 4cyl T has got to be one of the most exciting american 4cyls out there... I've seen what those beemer boys did with the 335s and 135s. Turbo tunes and they're smacking around M cars.

I am only reading good things about the ATS on here, which I will take as good news. Usually forums like these just attract people who have something negative to say, so seeing not much negative makes me think that people mostly have positive things to say about the ATS. Have there been any common complaints about the ATS?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mr.smith View Post
    I am only reading good things about the ATS on here, which I will take as good news. Usually forums like these just attract people who have something negative to say, so seeing not much negative makes me think that people mostly have positive things to say about the ATS. Have there been any common complaints about the ATS?
    No common problems. You see the uncommon ones more in the "other" Cadillac forum owned by AutoGuide because it has much more traffic.

Uncommon (but worth noting) problems include:

1) Rough idling. No engine type is immune. There is a TSB but it does not fix every car so there are probably different causes for a rough idle.
    2) Stalling when stopped or coming to a stop. May be related to above. Cadillac has taken back a few cars with the problem. A few owners are lemon lawing theirs
    3) Loose seats. Very very slight but disturbing movement in operation. Unaware of a TSB and it seems dealers are using their own initiative and all dealers are not created equal.

Complaints (few but worth noting) that are not problems include:

1) People who pretty much believe any given option should be standard. Some of these are people who thought the car they bought came with said option.
    2) Dealers who don't explain the options on cars they are selling (see #1).
    3) HID and LED signature lights should be available on all trim levels.

Problems (few but worth noting) or just complaints depending on your view:

1) Pretty much anything about CUE
    2) Figuring out what the warning beeps mean if you set even something as light as a cell phone on the front passengger seat.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 10-19-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Is most peoples' passenger seats that sensitive? Mine is not that sensitive. I can put a big purse, a box of kleenex, and wet wipes on my 2014's passenger seat and not have any false triggers. A heavy laptop bag is another story...

I liked the car but started having problems that the dealer could not reproduce, I travel a bunch and didn't want to get stuck on the road. I traded it in when the last problem happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bluwoody View Post
    I liked the car but started having problems that the dealer could not reproduce, I travel a bunch and didn't want to get stuck on the road. I traded it in when the last problem happened.
    thats the best thing to do, sucks that happened, but it's expected with new vehicles.
    hows your new ATS?

Quote Originally Posted by ATS-Guy View Post
    thats the best thing to do, sucks that happened, but it's expected with new vehicles.
    hows your new ATS?
    I didn't get a new ATS.....went back to a GMC Terrain!!

I wouldn't, if it was up to me I would get a slightly used new BMW 3 series sedan and wait for the ATS to get better before i get serious about buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vseries View Post
    I wouldn't, if it was up to me I would get a slightly used new BMW 3 series sedan and wait for the ATS to get better before i get serious about buying one.
    yea but then you're paying German labor rates on a car thats out of warranty... ATS drives much better than a 3 series IMO. I was in an '06 3 before switching to ATS.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements