2014 ATS 2.0 turbo - vibration thumping noise

2014 ATS 2.0 turbo - vibration thumping noise

2014 ATS 2.0 turbo --- Car begins to vibrate on or after acceleration and smooths out after reachng 65-70 mph....usually after I've been driving in "downtown" low speeds, stop & go scenarios. Check engine light is on. Planning to take it to dealership this week. What should I expect to hear and what would be a line of BS? I want to be a prepared female walking into dealership/mechanic. Oil is changed regularly. Oh...also occassionally feel a surge or decrease in power. And after take off hitting into I think 3rd it powers down feeling sluggish. Is the turbo going out ...feels more like the 4cyl it is. I appreciate any thought.

I have a 2014 ATS 2.0 turbo, and I've noticed that the car vibrates on or after acceleration and only smooths out after reaching 65-70 mph, particularly after driving in downtown low speeds or stop-and-go scenarios. The check engine light is also on. I plan to take it to the dealership this week, but as a prepared female, I want to know what to expect to hear and what could potentially be a line of BS. I change the oil regularly, but I also occasionally feel a surge or decrease in power, and after takeoff hitting into what I think is third gear, it powers down and feels sluggish. Could the turbo be going out? It feels more like the 4cyl it is. I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

3. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements