ATS Winter Tires
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ATS Winter Tires

what winter tires are you guys going to use for winter?

i'm considering something from pirelli as they have probably some of the best tires on the market!

I'll ask again...any success in finding ATS (V6 PREMIUM RWD) Winter Snow Tires....preferrably with dedicated WHEELS ? Runflats preferred.

What dedicated wheels are you looking for? I run Blizzaks over the winter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I buy Alloy Wheels AND Snow Tires here in the far north. So far, I cannot find WHEELS to fit the ATS RWD Premium (staggered sizes). Pirelli seems to have of of few sets available of Snow tires in RunFlat to fit ATS RWD Premium.

You should actually run smaller widths for winters. You want to cut through the snow not plow through the snow.

Last edited by ATS CANADA; 04-28-2017 at 02:18 PM.

So far, looks like PIRELLI Winter Sottozero Serie II Run Flats, and Bridgestone runflats are available in 225/40R18. Tire Rack finally have tested alloy rims to fit the set.

Why winter runflats? Any reason?

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    Why winter runflats? Any reason?
    Yes, and my reason is that the ATS PREMIUM RWD OEM summer tires are runflat, and I refuse to drive on long trips (winter or summer) without a spare or without runflats. I became 'used-to' runflats with my first Corvette in 1998, and I've had runflats on my '01 Z06 Corvette, my 2005, and my present 2008 Z51 Vette. The current runflat technology is quite good, and somewhat better than my earlier experiences with Goodyear versions on the C5 Corvettes (OEM). Both Michelin and Pirelli, and others, have brought better runflat technology to the table. however, it really boils down to one's personal choice, and if you are comfortable with the ATS "Tire Sealant and Compressor Kit" to temporarily 'seal' and inflate a punctured or otherwise flat tire. I miss the good-old-days when we had Spare Tires.....like my 2009 CTS 3.6L V6 AWD !!

Had Pirelli sottozeroes on BMW 5gt. Handled snow very well in West Virginia and drove great on dry roads. Blizzaks are great but sacrifice ride quality. Also had Michelin X3 ice on a Touereg with a very good ride.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements