Beeping Noise Coming from Engine Bay

Beeping Noise Coming from Engine Bay

Last edited by ATS CANADA; 04-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS CANADA View Post
    Any one have a beeping noise coming from the engine bay after the vehicle is turned off (cooling down)?
    It appears to originate on the driver's side of the engine bay. Intermittent time between beeps.

2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium 4 Door Sedan AWD

Documented in this video:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8j7265f5cf...p4?n=330755786

Any thoughts?

Hello ATS CANADA,

I looked into the owner’s manual and the resources at my disposal on our end, and wasn’t able to locate anything pertaining to a beep in the engine bay. However, have you been able to check with your local dealership? They would likely be in the best position to provide insight on this noise.

Please keep us updated,

Shane M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Have you received any info on this from the dealer? I am just starting to notice the same issue with my 2013 ATS4 3.6. It has happened twice within a week and is coming from the engine bay as well. Same intermittent high pitched beep from the drivers side of the engine bay occurring about 15-30 seconds apart.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
    Have you received any info on this from the dealer? I am just starting to notice the same issue with my 2013 ATS4 3.6. It has happened twice within a week and is coming from the engine bay as well. Same intermittent high pitched beep from the drivers side of the engine bay occurring about 15-30 seconds apart.
    Hi mattyb,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this beeping in your ATS and I can understand how displeasing something like this would be. If you are considering working with a dealership to resolve the issue, I would be happy to reach out and contact them regarding this concern. If you are interested, please PM me your VIN, mileage, preferred dealership, and personal contact information.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I didn't see an answer to this. What is causing the beeping under the hood when the car is obviously off? I have seen other threads on other sites suggesting a A/C solenoid. That does not sound right. It is most definitely an electrical buzzer/beeper. It has been happening for months now. I cannot find anything authoritative to tell me what it is.

Has anyone figured out what is causing the beeping in the engine bay? My 2013 ATS started doing this two weeks ago. Trying to do more research before I call the service department...

I noticed this beep while under the hood checking fluids etc. definitely on the drivers side near the front headlight area to me. Has anyone figured this out?

9. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements