CUE - iPod Issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the devices are connected through bluetooth right? and the car isn't recognizing them as a device?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
    New guy here. +1 to this. Very frustrating. I have a Samsung S3 so it's not like this is a niche market.
    Welcome to the forum, Jagular. We are happy to have you part of our Cadillac community. I apologize you are experiencing trouble with connecting your phone to your vehicles CUE system. I would like to further discuss this with you. Please contact me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com and include your contact information and VIN. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

the CUE system is horrible, im surprised Cadillac hasn't reworked it's software, they need to look at what BMW has done with their system and emulate it. BMW's infotainment system is one of the best ones out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! I sent you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by Vseries View Post
    the CUE system is horrible, im surprised Cadillac hasn't reworked it's software, they need to look at what BMW has done with their system and emulate it. BMW's infotainment system is one of the best ones out.
    I agree BMW's is the second best in the industry now behind Tesla but CUE isn't bad. It needs some software revs, certainly, but I like the interface. I like it better than Mercedes (at least from a couple years ago - haven't been in one in awhile), haven't played much with Audi's infotainment, so don't know, better than Sync (awful), and better than Nissan/Infinity. I'd rate it about the same as Lexus/Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
    Thank you! I sent you a private message.
    Hello Rich,

You are welcome! I wanted to let you know I received your message and responded.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Vseries View Post
    its been reworked and updated a few times already. its apparently getting alot better

Sadly it still continues to hold them back a lot, a recent reliability report was put out and Cadillac ranked really low, partially due to the CUE system.

Last edited by ATS CANADA; 04-28-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Good afternoon All,

I am the owner of a 2014 XTS Platinum (as well as an Escalade). For the past 2 years, I have been dealing with this issue. The CUE system is very buggy and clearly does not work well with the Classic iPod (mine is the 160MB version). Since day one, it has trouble indexing the music files, it freezes/hangs/stops playing at various intervals of time and is so slow and non-responsive. I have called the customer support line numerous times over the past two years. They are not very knowledgeable and provided absolutely no help. I have been to the dealership several times (by the way they are great people) but they have never been able to determine the cause and so here I am commiserating with all of you. I have been a Cadillac enthusiast and long time owner but after spending nearly $200K between the XTS and an Escalade, I am at my wits end and am disgusted beyond belief. If Cadillac wants to be treated like a quality luxury "Standard of the World" brand it should damn well act like it. Johan deNysschen (Cadillac President) and Mary Barra (GM CEO) should pay careful attention or they are going to loose more market share.

Recently Mr. deNyschen commented on Cadillac's plans to appeal to Millennials by meeting their mobile connectivity needs. He said the following:

“It’s a misperception to think Millennials are tech-savvy, de Nysschen says. "What they are is tech-dependent. They have lived with technology all their lives, and now they can’t live without it.”

Really? If you can't get an iPod Classic to operate properly then I severely doubt those ambitions. We are sick of being "Beta Testers"! The Cadillac leadership should be ashamed. Mercedes Benz, Audi, Jaguar or Range Rover would have had their engineers all over this type of issue. When I look to replace my vehicles later this year, I am going to be looking elsewhere. I don't want to be unfair, perhaps someone out there has had a better experience than me (with this CUE/iPod issue), if so, please let me (us) know . . .

My best,

Rich (Very Frustrated 2014 XTS and Escalade Owner)

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements