2.0T Short Ram Intake?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2.0T Short Ram Intake?

I just got my 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual and I absolutely love it. I want to be able to hear the turbo spool up, so i thought about removing the box filter and adding an open cone filter. I noticed there is an 02 sensor attached to the box, so by doing this i think it will throw of the readings and possibly not run as strong. Does anyone know of any aftermarket short ram intakes? Does anyone have any other solutions? I know that Subaru WRX's have a intake silencer that you can remove, I couldn't find one on this car. Thanks!

I would wait for aftermarket options rather then making your own. I might not be an o2 sensor. Could be some sort of intake temperature or mass sensor. I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to remove it.

I tried searching online and there aren't any short rams or cold air intakes yet. Just wait around.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinserious View Post
    I just got my 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual and I absolutely love it. I want to be able to hear the turbo spool up, so i thought about removing the box filter and adding an open cone filter. I noticed there is an 02 sensor attached to the box, so by doing this i think it will throw of the readings and possibly not run as strong. Does anyone know of any aftermarket short ram intakes? Does anyone have any other solutions? I know that Subaru WRX's have a intake silencer that you can remove, I couldn't find one on this car. Thanks!
    Are you sure its an O2 sensor? That doesn't make sense to me since its pre-cumbustion. Just asking because you need to be sure what it is before you can figure out how an open filter might affect it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Not sure what kind of sensor it is, maybe you could tell me (I circled it in red). I just worry that by adding a cone filter it will throw off some kind of code.2013-Cadillac-ATS-engine.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ballinserious View Post
    Not sure what kind of sensor it is, maybe you could tell me (I circled it in red). I just worry that by adding a cone filter it will throw off some kind of code.2013-Cadillac-ATS-engine.jpg
    Looks like a mass air flow sensor (MAF) to me. From my experience adding cones to the end of OEM intakes is that they never messed with how the sensor was calibrated. I doubt it will cause any harm.

Quote Originally Posted by ATS-Guy View Post
    Looks like a mass air flow sensor (MAF) to me. From my experience adding cones to the end of OEM intakes is that they never messed with how the sensor was calibrated. I doubt it will cause any harm.
    I second this.

Well if the filter allows more dirt and particles to pass through in order to be a free flowing filter your MAF sensor or any intake sensor for that matter will get dirty quicker.

I'd wait until a reputable company designs one. I woudn't go about getting a no name one off of ebay. These are Cadillacs, not honda civics.

Who said anything about ebay?

It is the maf and I have a custom setup from Trent at Trs fabrication. He will be joining the site and should be ihuntv8. His car is making over 360rwp and close to 420lbs torque with 93 octane and stock turbo. His own tune and sells all kinds of parts for these. Sure will be a vendor here soon we just found this website and coming over from another caddy site that sucks. U can find him on facebook at Trs fabrication and has some cool stuff posted about the cars. Corsa used his car to make the first turbo back full exhaust system for them. So anyone looking will soon have lots avaliable for the ats turbo. And his stuff is way better then any Pfadt tune or intake. Quality built aluminum parts. Also has a pvc bypass oil catch system to keep combustion chamber free of oil. Lots of go fast ats goodies and I am in process of getting them all on mine.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements