How much discount can you get on an ATS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much discount can you get on an ATS?

I'm trying to get the wife out of her Mini Cooper S and into an ATS. I drove all the cars at the Cadillac event at COTA a few months ago and I really think she would like the ATS. She thinks she has to drive a small sporty car (but her Mini is an automatic LOL). We went and looked at them on Sat. but she keeps saying how big the car is. At 6' 270 I can tell you it's not a big car to me. I see on KBB that most in my area are able to purchase the ATS at just over invoice. I don't want to pay to much. I was wanting $4000.00 off the sticker. I'm wanting a 2.0 T Luxury White diamond with moon roof. Stickers about $44,800.00. A friend of mine just purchased a Ford 350 P/U and got $15,000.00 off sticker. I know it was a 2012 and it's not a new model Cadillac but if I can get five or six thousand off.......
    Usually I can go online and see on Fourms and such what people are paying for new cars but I can't find any info on the ATS. I bought my 2006 C6 for $2000.00 under invoice. Any ideas for me?

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 02-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm trying to get the wife out of her Mini Cooper S and into an ATS. I drove all the cars at the Cadillac event at COTA a few months ago and I really think she would like the ATS. She thinks she has to drive a small sporty car (but her Mini is an automatic LOL). We went and looked at them on Sat. but she keeps saying how big the car is. At 6' 270 I can tell you it's not a big car to me. I see on KBB that most in my area are able to purchase the ATS at just over invoice. I don't want to pay to much. I was wanting $4000.00 off the sticker. I'm wanting a 2.0 T Luxury White diamond with moon roof. Stickers about $44,800.00. A friend of mine just purchased a Ford 350 P/U and got $15,000.00 off sticker. I know it was a 2012 and it's not a new model Cadillac but if I can get five or six thousand off.......
    Usually I can go online and see on Fourms and such what people are paying for new cars but I can't find any info on the ATS. I bought my 2006 C6 for $2000.00 under invoice. Any ideas for me?

JJ
    It's great top hear you're interested in the ATS! These are the current offers for qualified buyers for the ATS. Each dealer is an individual business so you would have to speak with them about specifics. We can do vehicle locates or answer product questions if you have. Feel free to PM us. Regards!

Matt,

Cadillac Customer Assistance

http://www.cadillac.com/tools/curren...?zipCode=27601

Is this forum owned by Cadillac? I did not expect an answer from Cadillac and if they own this forum I should not have ask the question here. I assumed this was a personally owned forum and someone would give me an idea what kind of discount is available so I would not be expecting to much or get screwed by a dealer (we all know that never happens). I've paid sticker for a 1999 Ford Lightning to under invoice for a 2003 model it just depends how hot the cars are when you are looking to purchase. I'm going to assume this is owned by GM and bid you all adieu.

JJ

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Instead of complaining why don't u just look on the many different car sites available to find the
    latest discounts and incentives. Then call or visit some of these dealers, for the price on the peticular vehicle
    you might be interested in. There's just too many variables to consider for each individual's need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service View Post
    It's great top hear you're interested in the ATS! These are the current offers for qualified buyers for the ATS. Each dealer is an individual business so you would have to speak with them about specifics. We can do vehicle locates or answer product questions if you have. Feel free to PM us. Regards!

Matt,

Cadillac Customer Assistance

http://www.cadillac.com/tools/curren...?zipCode=27601
    ^ Thats what I found out the hard way. It explained why I got different prices every dealership I went to.

Is this forum owned by Cadillac? I did not expect an answer from Cadillac and if they own this forum I should not have ask the question here. I assumed this was a personally owned forum and someone would give me an idea what kind of discount is available so I would not be expecting to much or get screwed by a dealer (we all know that never happens). I've paid sticker for a 1999 Ford Lightning to under invoice for a 2003 model it just depends how hot the cars are when you are looking to purchase. I'm going to assume this is owned by GM and bid you all adieu.

JJ
    LOL I'm on a few forums and I bet Cadillac doesn't own this forum, car makers actually have teams of people that go on social media sites like this to answer questions from people like you. Just be happy you got an answer from a Cadillac rep.

Do some shopping around from dealer to dealer and you might come across a good deal. Being a good talker helps!

Looks like invoice is BS. KBB shows $2700.00 under the $44,230 car I want to purchase but my dealer says invoice is only $1300.00 under sticker. I have purchase several vehicles in the 30 to 40 thousand dollar range over the years and invoice has always been at least three grand less than sticker.

JJ

Looks like invoice is BS. KBB shows $2700.00 under the $44,230 car I want to purchase but my dealer says invoice is only $1300.00 under sticker. I have purchase several vehicles in the 30 to 40 thousand dollar range over the years and invoice has always been at least three grand less than sticker.
    Some sites (I think KBB is one) don't include advertising and other fees that appear on certain forms of invoice. They may leave them off because they can't provide them anyway since some dealers don't participate in advertising programs and the amount varies by model and location (e.g. they may do more Cadillac advertising around NYC than in Ajo AZ).

Before invoice prices were easy to come by, knowing them was a big plus. As they became trivial to find, the "system" adapted to make them less useful. In the good old days the invoice made it relatively easy to figure out what a car cost the dealer. Now it's not even close because of changes in hold back and dealer incentives and even reimbursements for advertising fees that now appear on invoices.

The best approach now is NOT to negotiate based on invoice price but to take the invoice prices for the car and find out as best you can what the hold back, dealer incentives, etc and deduct them from the invoice and use that amount as your target. As soon as you make any figure from one of their documents a pawn in the negotiation you have to deal with the evolving ways they use to manipulate such numbers. Start with a low-ball offer and let them work you back to what you really will pay. Don't let them draw you into talking about invoice or anything similar because today that gives them an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Some sites (I think KBB is one) don't include advertising and other fees that appear on certain forms of invoice. They may leave them off because they can't provide them anyway since some dealers don't participate in advertising programs and the amount varies by model and location (e.g. they may do more Cadillac advertising around NYC than in Ajo AZ).

Before invoice prices were easy to come by, knowing them was a big plus. As they became trivial to find, the "system" adapted to make them less useful. In the good old days the invoice made it relatively easy to figure out what a car cost the dealer. Now it's not even close because of changes in hold back and dealer incentives and even reimbursements for advertising fees that now appear on invoices.

The best approach now is NOT to negotiate based on invoice price but to take the invoice prices for the car and find out as best you can what the hold back, dealer incentives, etc and deduct them from the invoice and use that amount as your target. As soon as you make any figure from one of their documents a pawn in the negotiation you have to deal with the evolving ways they use to manipulate such numbers. Start with a low-ball offer and let them work you back to what you really will pay. Don't let them draw you into talking about invoice or anything similar because today that gives them an advantage.
    Agree, too many extra's to factor in to get the real price of what the dealer pays for the car.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post

Great info. I did not know it had changed so much since 2003. I bought the car for $2200.00 off sticker. Not that great since I thought I could get $3000.00 off. You are right about the advertising. That was the difference in the invoice prices. I bought the car for what KBB said was a fair deal. Hell I just picked it up and it's really a very nice car!

JJ

This site isn't owned by Cadillac but I think it is very awesome of Cadillac to let their customer service department be on the forum. This is a first that I've seen and I give a big thumbs up to Cadillac in that regard.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements