Weights of factory ATS wheels.

Weights of factory ATS wheels.

I have an ATS 2.0 RWD M6 Performance on order and may want to change the wheels. I want to make sure any wheels I buy are lighter so I need to know how much the 18" factory wheels weigh or I won't know how they compare to potential replacements. If anyone knows the weights or where I can find them, please post.

Katie from Cadillac Customer Service sent me the weights.

The 17x8" painted wheels for the base model weigh 23.52 lbs each.

The 17x8" polished wheels for the Luxury collection (optional on base) weigh 25.26 lbs each.

The 17x8" painted wheels for the Performance collection weigh 25.26 lbs each.

The 18x8" machined wheels for the Premium collection (optional on Performance) weigh 24.32 lbs each.

The 18x9" machined rear wheels for the RWD Premium collection weigh 25.11 lbs each.

The 18x8" polished wheels (optional on Luxury or Premium collection) weigh 28.84 lbs each.

The 18x9" polished rear wheels (optional on RWD Premium collection) weigh 29.67 lbs each.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any information on the stock/oem cadillac ats rims apart from sizing. Thanks for calling in and asking. Surprised the larger sizes aren't that much heavier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm surprised that the more expensive polished wheels are heavier than the machined.

I also believe that the RFT will weigh in more than any conventional tire you put on.

Quote Originally Posted by UphillDonut View Post
    I'm surprised that the more expensive polished wheels are heavier than the machined.
    They probably come from different sources and Cadillac probably didn't make weight a priority. If it had been any priority the weights would be easier to find.

And FYI, the polished wheels are actually only worth $50 more retail than the machined EXCEPT for Premium buyers who get an extra $800 "gotcha when you weren't looking" fee added to them. They hide it by not offering certain wheels with certain collections but its not hard to figure out. The polished 18s are available on the Luxury or the Premium for $850. But on the Luxury you are upgrading from a 17" and on the premium you are upgrading from an 18" machined that was already an $800 upgrade from 17" with the Performance. They did a good job masking it. The market place understands though; new takeoffs of either 18 sell for the same price, same for used of either.

Do you know what the stock off sets are?

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    They probably come from different sources and Cadillac probably didn't make weight a priority. If it had been any priority the weights would be easier to find.

And FYI, the polished wheels are actually only worth $50 more retail than the machined EXCEPT for Premium buyers who get an extra $800 "gotcha when you weren't looking" fee added to them. They hide it by not offering certain wheels with certain collections but its not hard to figure out. The polished 18s are available on the Luxury or the Premium for $850. But on the Luxury you are upgrading from a 17" and on the premium you are upgrading from an 18" machined that was already an $800 upgrade from 17" with the Performance. They did a good job masking it. The market place understands though; new takeoffs of either 18 sell for the same price, same for used of either.
    The 3.6 ATS Premium I bought came with the upgraded polished wheels. I really did not want them as I liked the standard wheels. It's especially bad to find out that not only do they cost more... they weight more too. Plus I paid extra for Crystal Red paint. I have always hated paying more for certain colors. So I paid about $1700 more for paint and wheels that I really didn't need. Oh well, I really dig my car!

Quote Originally Posted by UphillDonut View Post
    The 3.6 ATS Premium I bought came with the upgraded polished wheels. I really did not want them as I liked the standard wheels. It's especially bad to find out that not only do they cost more... they weight more too. Plus I paid extra for Crystal Red paint. I have always hated paying more for certain colors. So I paid about $1700 more for paint and wheels that I really didn't need. Oh well, I really dig my car!
    With all the possible combinations of options and colors, its common to not find the exact car you want on a lot. For example I had to have a manual transmission. By my best estimates Cadillac probably made 5 of those that weren't black or someone's special order. LoL. I had the time so ended up just ordering exactly what I wanted but there have been several time I had to buy off the lot and take options I didn't want or not get one I did. I look at buying off a lot like adopting a child instead of making one. You end up loving them just as much.

11. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements