ATS Interior Light Bulb Replacements
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ATS Interior Light Bulb Replacements

I purchased a few weeks ago a Black 2013 ATS 2.0T manual and I'm looking to replace as many of the OEM filament bulbs with LEDs (brighter whiter light). I was able to find the back up & license plate bulb #s, but none of the interior bulb #s. I'm working with Diode Dynamics on the bulbs, but they are also having a hard time finding the right sizes. Can anyone shed some light on this one. Thanks...
    FlyTrap
    John Weber
    Windermere, FL

2013 ATS 2.0T
    Trifecta Tuned to 323hp•330tq.
    Black Raven/Morello Red
    6 SPD Manual
    Premium Package
    Sun Roof • Spoiler

I replaced all of the interior bulbs on my ATS with LEDs. They are #194 wedge style bulbs (with the exception of the vanity mirrors). Depending on the location of the lamps, I used either 2, 4 or 6 SMD Canbus bulbs. It gives the interior a very cool look. I also replaced the license plate and backup bulbs (8 SMD and 13 SMD respectively). Those are #194 style bulbs as well. I purchased all of them on eBay from various Chinese vendors. Haven't had any issues with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibr View Post
    I replaced all of the interior bulbs on my ATS with LEDs. They are #194 wedge style bulbs (with the exception of the vanity mirrors). Depending on the location of the lamps, I used either 2, 4 or 6 SMD Canbus bulbs. It gives the interior a very cool look. I also replaced the license plate and backup bulbs (8 SMD and 13 SMD respectively). Those are #194 style bulbs as well. I purchased all of them on eBay from various Chinese vendors. Haven't had any issues with them.
    Wow... Kalibr, that's fantastic! Thanks for all the great info. I did this to my last car and loved it. Of course, the dealer told me you can't replace the bulbs. I'm working with a guy at Diode Dynamics on putting together an LED kit for the ATS, good vendor. Do you have any install info? And one last thing, did you happen to look into changing out the OEM HID bulbs for something in a higher color range like 8 to 10k bulb?

Thanks again,
    FlyTrap
    John Weber
    Windermere, FL

2013 ATS 2.0T
    Trifecta Tuned to 323hp•330tq.
    Black Raven/Morello Red
    6 SPD Manual
    Premium Package
    Sun Roof • Spoiler

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

I believe 194 is basically T15 wedge right? Or T10 wedge?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyTrap View Post
    Wow... Kalibr, that's fantastic! Thanks for all the great info. I did this to my last car and loved it. Of course, the dealer told me you can't replace the bulbs. I'm working with a guy at Diode Dynamics on putting together an LED kit for the ATS, good vendor. Do you have any install info? And one last thing, did you happen to look into changing out the OEM HID bulbs for something in a higher color range like 8 to 10k bulb?

Thanks again,
    As for installation, it was pretty straight forward. The front footwells, front doors, glove box, trunk and license plate lamps all use a similar lamp housings, which can be easily removed by prying from one side. The map lights on the upper console was a little tricky since you have to remove the surrounding panel to get to the bulbs. Carefully pry it with a plastic tool in order not to scratch the panel. The rear dome lamps require you to remove the two screws that attach the handle. Once you do, you have access to the bulbs. Finally, the rear backup lights were fairly simple - just reach under the bumper, turn and unplug the two sockets. I definitely would like to change out the OEM headlight bulbs, but just waiting when I have some free time.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by cfrp View Post
    I believe 194 is basically T15 wedge right? Or T10 wedge?
    The ones I purchased were T10 wedge type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalibr View Post
    As for installation, it was pretty straight forward. The front footwells, front doors, glove box, trunk and license plate lamps all use a similar lamp housings, which can be easily removed by prying from one side. The map lights on the upper console was a little tricky since you have to remove the surrounding panel to get to the bulbs. Carefully pry it with a plastic tool in order not to scratch the panel. The rear dome lamps require you to remove the two screws that attach the handle. Once you do, you have access to the bulbs. Finally, the rear backup lights were fairly simple - just reach under the bumper, turn and unplug the two sockets. I definitely would like to change out the OEM headlight bulbs, but just waiting when I have some free time.

Let me know if you need more specifics.
    Hi Kalibr,

In regards to the dome lights, which part of panel do you remove? Or is it the entire panel? I replaced all other lights. Thanks for the info btw!

Also, Im going to be replacing my headlights to an HID kit as well. Everywhere I read online (and the dealership body shop), it says you have to replace the lights by removing the bumper. However, I suspect you can reach them by removing the in wheel well panel after taking off the wheel. Ill let you know how that goes. I have to find a suitable HID kit first. If you or anyone decides to try my method before I update in here, please let me know!

You could try to install it without removing the headlight. if you can reach the low beam bulb then you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeATS View Post
    Also, Im going to be replacing my headlights to an HID kit as well. Everywhere I read online (and the dealership body shop), it says you have to replace the lights by removing the bumper. However, I suspect you can reach them by removing the in wheel well panel after taking off the wheel. Ill let you know how that goes. I have to find a suitable HID kit first. If you or anyone decides to try my method before I update in here, please let me know!
    There are threads on other Cadillac forums about doing it that way. It wasn't clear if it saved time but definitely saved steps.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeATS View Post
    Hi Kalibr,

In regards to the dome lights, which part of panel do you remove? Or is it the entire panel? I replaced all other lights. Thanks for the info btw!
    Mike, in order to access the map bulbs, you need to remove the entire plastic panel that houses the two map lights, On-Star, Homelink and sunroof controls. I recommend using a plastic tool to pry the panel away from the headliner just enough to fit your fingers and complete the removal. The panel is held in place by metal clips so it takes a bit of force to remove. Keep in mind that the panel will be connected by wires, so be careful not to pull any of them loose.

I haven't attempted the headlights yet. I have also heard that you can access them from behind the wheel wells. Let us know if you have any luck.

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements