Engine vibration or hesitation
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Engine vibration or hesitation

We've had our new car just under a month now and it's already been back to the dealer for service twice. A little disheartening. The main concern is the hesitation or engine vibration when parked and idling after pulling up to a stop light and waiting for it to change. The vibration is so bad at time you can see the door move when it's left open and the car is in park. So far the only word from the dealership is to run different brands of fuel and to wait till after the next trip for service to see if its still happening and not to run e85 in it. They have sent the info to GM, and so far the only response is that it's "normal" but can't be duplicated in any of the other 3 ATS's on the lot, we (head service guy and myself drove them) and it was not duplicated. They even mentioned having my car tuned to a different model; why would i do that and sacrifice the performance of what I bought. I'm hoping someone else out there that has the 3.6 performance can give any input! The car drives great, and definitely has the performance everyone loves. GM if your listening any input is appreciated, oh yeah, why would you include an iPad 3 when the car came out after the iPad 4 was released?

My 2.0T does this as well so welcome to the club. Good luck GM has no clue how to fix this.

Hello , i got the same problem on my Cadillac ATS 3.6 , when the car is park , i feel a vibration for many times in the car , it feels so bad for me , and i took it to the dealer twice also , and they sent email to the GM , and thay said that it's normal , and from the Engine Power ! , but i don't think that's a right thing -_-

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zr1mom View Post
    My 2.0T does this as well so welcome to the club. Good luck GM has no clue how to fix this.
    My 2.0T doesn't have this problem,,,,,,,,

When it vibrates is the RPM dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by AbdullazizBloushi View Post
    Hello , i got the same problem on my Cadillac ATS 3.6 , when the car is park , i feel a vibration for many times in the car , it feels so bad for me , and i took it to the dealer twice also , and they sent email to the GM , and thay said that it's normal , and from the Engine Power ! , but i don't think that's a right thing -_-
    @AbdullazizBloushi, No, it is not normal. I have the same issue on my ATS 3.6 and I noticed it the very next day and took it back to the dealer. I was told by the service person that GM is aware of the problem and no fix yet.

They "GM" keeps saying its from the "Powerful" engine, B.S. --- The it mainly does it after the car has been sitting for an hour or so, almost like an injector is sticking, if I press on the gas petal a little bit the vibration settles out!

Quote Originally Posted by FJammer View Post
    They "GM" keeps saying its from the "Powerful" engine, B.S. --- The it mainly does it after the car has been sitting for an hour or so, almost like an injector is sticking, if I press on the gas petal a little bit the vibration settles out!
    For me, it happens every single time when I am waiting on traffic light or just inching very slowly... It gets very noticeable when you slowly let the break go where you can feel the whole freaking car shake almost like its going to stall. When I took my car to the dealer few weeks ago, I specifically requested a 2013 ATS V6 as a loaner and they gave me one with almost 8k on it... sure enough, that loaner car did exactly the same thing! So the explanation they gave i.e. "it will go away after the break in" is B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    For me, it happens every single time when I am waiting on traffic light or just inching very slowly... It gets very noticeable when you slowly let the break go where you can feel the whole freaking car shake almost like its going to stall. When I took my car to the dealer few weeks ago, I specifically requested a 2013 ATS V6 as a loaner and they gave me one with almost 8k on it... sure enough, that loaner car did exactly the same thing! So the explanation they gave i.e. "it will go away after the break in" is B.S.
    Hello aselvan,

I am sorry you have been experiencing issues with your ATS. I would like to gather some more information on your issue. How many times have you taken this vehicle into the dealership to be diagnosed? If you could please private message me on this forum with this answer in addition to the dealership name and address, your name, VIN# and current mileage I would love to provide you with further assistance. Thank you, have a great night.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service View Post
    Hello aselvan,

I am sorry you have been experiencing issues with your ATS. I would like to gather some more information on your issue. How many times have you taken this vehicle into the dealership to be diagnosed? If you could please private message me on this forum with this answer in addition to the dealership name and address, your name, VIN# and current mileage I would love to provide you with further assistance. Thank you, have a great night.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Laura,
    Thank you for reaching out. I sent the details you have requested via private message.
    Thanks
    -Arul

12. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements