Should I Buy?

Thread: Should I Buy?

Should I Buy?

Hello Everyone,
    I’m thinking about purchasing a 2016 ATS 2.0T. I’m a long distance commuter, about 45K per year. Curious about any longevity issues or persistent problems with these cars. This would be my first ATS and my plan would be to put about 300K on the car. Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wgwbassbone View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I’m thinking about purchasing a 2016 ATS 2.0T. I’m a long distance commuter, about 45K per year. Curious about any longevity issues or persistent problems with these cars. This would be my first ATS and my plan would be to put about 300K on the car. Thoughts and feedback appreciated.
    From what I understand the electric power steering is very problematic and prone to failure. The steering gear can be cracked open and filled with wax, but this is just a temporary fix done at the dealer & they will only warranty up to 2020. 2019 and 2020(last model year for ATS) has a revised rack and pinion which doesn't have this problem. The shitheads at GM could have easily recalled the 2016-2018 ats for the new rack, but they didn't.

Im looking at a 2016 coupe with 50K miles. Any way to tell if the power steering has been replaced? Any idea about the longevity of that turbo 4?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacATSForum.com
    Advertisements